Highlights from day 3 in the big apple:
– Started the day in search of foooood. We had THE BEST pastrami sandwich at Katz. It was pretty pricey, but the meat was so tender and juicy. As I type this, I am actually craving it again. Add some hot mustard and I am in heaven. Katz’s is located on Houston street which is weird because it is really pronounced “How”-ston vs. the Texas city.
– Headed west and “shopped” around SOHO. We were going to meet up with some people but they were busy shopping for intimate apparel. I convinced Laurie to pass on meeting up.
– Spent some time at the World Trade Center. I can’t believe that two skyscrapers stood there… It is true, America will never forget.
– We headed to Taisho for a pre-dinner snack but it wasn’t opened yet so we headed to Crooked Tree Creperie because Laurie wanted a cup of their apple cider. I wasn’t a big fan of the cider (or any cider for that matter) but it was nice to get out of the cold and relax from all the walking. After, we headed back to Taisho. This place is all about these mini skewers that they cook over a charcoal grill. The chicken skin skewer felt so bad but tasted so good…
– Later we had our real dinner and celebrated Carolyn’s birthday at La Palapa and had some pretty good duck with mole and some awesome plantains. After we went to Ludo and got our groove on. Grace was by far the most popular girl on the floor because she can really shake her booty. Anyway, we all had a great time. I still don’t know if I have the endurance to last in NY. Leaving the clubs at 3:30 am is rough.