I’ve never been a huge fan of LA… traffic, flashy clubs/bars, crappy parking, more traffic… After spending a few months here for the new job, I’ve not only gotten to make new friends at work, I have become a fan of LA. My experience has not been typical – I walk to work – I spend 95% of my time either in West LA or downtown – I barely drive. To help remember my time, here are my favorite dozen moments in no particular order:
1. Santa Monica Pier concert with Charles Bradley with Christina/Cody/Lij
2. Abbott Kinney Festival with Riley and Pongo
3. Finding Jason, Caroline, Lijen, Bryan and Natasha at the worst concert
4. Rocking out to Chvrches with Steven
5. Watching Once @ the Pantages with Em
6. Chilling @ the Barker Block rooftop pool
7. Hiking in the Pallsades with James and Steph
8. Beers and more beers with Jas
9. An enchanting outdoor birthday dinner for Lij
10. Numerous Sugarfish visits – love that warm rice…
11. Celebrating Cho + Mira’s special day
12. Black Sesame mochi ice cream – enough said
I can’t say I am a big soccer fan but I’m glad I got to experience the World Cup there. My first time to South America was not only one to remember, but one that made me appreciate the beauty of the game – specifically how it brings people together. Here are some of my favorite moments captured on the trip to Rio and Salvador.
Love this video that looks back from our Land Rover Destroyer as we drive through some backroads of Iceland in the middle of the night. The sound and scenery brings me back to our hunt for an elusive waterfall.
Say hello to Ghost, my new 2012 WRX.
With this purchase, I no longer have to deal with the following:
1. Getting dropped off by my parents at the movies, dinner, etc.
2. Borrow my dad’s chick magnet car, a 1993 Mazda MPV
3. Wait in the Hertz line to pick up a fire-engine red Chevy Aveo
The last time I bought a car was back in 2006 when I replaced the Blue Stallion with the Red Baron. It has been a while. As a random side note, I realize how random some of my previous car posts might have been…
Yes, I went back to Europe. Although it was mainly for a wedding, I decided to extend it a little longer and see some other countries. Here are some photos from Austria => Ibiza => Prague => London.
Austria – Vienna & Salzburg
[Oddly no photos on my cam…]
London – Congratulations to Sudeep & Priya!
Got the following email from Mama Shieh the other day after I finally graduated from MIT. She has sent some questionable stuff to me in the past, but this was particularly thoughtful. In its unedited and fantastic original form…
I was attracted on one of the articles “What Matters Most” in Purpose Deiven Life by Rick Warren. The book we used in my bible study a couple of years ago. I’d like to share the experience, perhaps wisdom.
Chpt 16: What Matters Most.
Highlight of this chapter:
(1) Relationship are what life is all about. Life is all about love… (love to God, friend, neighbor, children, family members….)
(2) The greatest gift you can give someone is your time. “It is not enough just to say relationships are important; we must prove it by investing time in them. Words alone are worthless. “My children, our love should not be just words and talk; it must be true love, which shows itself in action” Relationships take time and effort, and the best way to spell love is “T-I-M-E”.
(3) The Best Time to Love is Now. “Whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to others. Do not wait till tomorrow if you can help/show them now”
She goes on to give examples from her personal life which I won’t share but in the spirit of (2), thanks to everyone that spent time with me and made my 2 years in Boston so wonderful.
Although I showed up a tad bit late to the party, I still had an amazing time in the British Virgin Islands. Great crew, lots of sun, and a wonderful way to spend some quality time with Sloanies that I have come so close with. The past 2 years have been life-changing and unforgettable.
See the rest of the pictures here.
Costa Concordia Crew