My dad says I am too soft to live in Ohio because I have been spoiled by California weather. He is absolutely correct. Is it just me or is it literally bone chilling cold these past few nights?
On a more random note, here are some other things that I noticed this past weekend that may be of interest to you movie buffs out there.
1. Did you know that you can now rent DVDs at.. Safeway? They have these cool automated machines that dispense new DVD releases. James and I checked it out this past weekend and get this.. your first rental is FREE! Just use the promo code “DVD123.” It is perfect for renting movies that no one else wants to watch with you. For instance, we got Da Vinci Code (I think we were the only ones that hadn’t watched it in Cupertino..) and Accepted (Did you know the main character is the Mac Guy?).
2. Did you notice that Bond drove some Ford? Granted his other car was sweet… but it is just doesn’t seem right.
I’m not sure if you heard about OJ Simpson’s book (that apparently is no longer being printed) about how he “would” have killed Nicole and Ronald Goldman. He apparently did it for the money but it still just doesn’t make sense to me. Part of me feels bad for OJ, but it just seems like a poor choice of judgement. Then again… maybe OJ just doesn’t make great choices period…
I still remember how surprised I was in 8th grade when he was declared not guilty. Mr. Wishnack specifically brought in a tv to watch the verdict and once it was made, all the junior high kids went nuts. Do you remember where you were when this man was set free?
Girl, I been shaking, sticking and moving tryna to get you and that booty
Tryna get to you and that booty
Tryna get to you and that booty
I went out to Akron, Ohio for work this past week. It turned out to be a relaxing trip with a few interesting highlights.
1. Sleeping with oatmeal – In Akron, I stayed at the Crowne Plaza which used to be the old Quaker Mills plant. The hotel converted the old silos into an entire hotel. I must say, it is a little awkward to sleep in a circular room…
2. Getting stuck – You know those movies where people get stuck in the elevator for hours? Well, it happens in real life. Luckily it didn’t happen to me… but it did happen to 16 football players from the East Michigan football team. Still wonder how all those guys fit in there…. Hopefully it wasn’t a reason for their loss the following day…
3. Italians on a plane – Is it just me or when people speak Italian, they sound so passionate? The elderly couple sitting behind me on the plane sounded like they were having a heated debate, but I can imagine they were just chatting about the weather or what they had for dinner…
I am live blogging for the first time and guess where?? No not from a fancy coffee house with free WiFi. No not from a plane or anything interesting like that. I am live blogging from my car.
I am sitting here in the parking lot of Nara Sushi in Cupertino, and since I am 10 minutes early for dinner, I decided to turn my computer on to check my calendar for tomorrow. Low and behold I am on the internet thanks to free wireless from MetroFi (my new best friend… so much so that I clicked on one of their ads to make them happy). Anyway, I thought you all might like to know that yes… you can blog from a parking lot while listening to Usher on your car stereo.
So many of you might be wondering.. what’s new in Cupertino? Well, I’ll tell you some breaking news. If you want skeeball, crappy pizza, and trade your real money away for gold tokens, then come to Cupertino. There is a new Chuck E Cheese in town (across the street from Yoshinoya). This is as big as the arrival of BJ’s Pizza or Panera Bread…. ok maybe not.
Update: Par Sheena’s comment, yes, I still have the doofy stuffed animal.
Update: Par Ronni’s comment, yes, I still have Charles’s Goodies.
Sat 6 PM – Head to Eiki’s in Palo Alto
Sat 7 PM – Eating at a Japanese restaurant in San Mateo
Sat 9 PM – Playing beer pong at 347 Divisidaro
Sat 10 PM – Dragon Bar to celebrate Emi’s birthday
Sun 1 AM – Shaking my booty on the dance floor
Sun 3 AM – Eating the chicken strip special at IHOP
Sun 4 AM – Back at Eiki’s
Sun 5 AM – Delirious
Good times…. all in a “night”.
Update: Emi’s birthday pictures
Update2: Lauren’s pictures