I’ve never been a huge fan of LA… traffic, flashy clubs/bars, crappy parking, more traffic… After spending a few months here for the new job, I’ve not only gotten to make new friends at work, I have become a fan of LA. My experience has not been typical – I walk to work – I spend 95% of my time either in West LA or downtown – I barely drive. To help remember my time, here are my favorite dozen moments in no particular order:
1. Santa Monica Pier concert with Charles Bradley with Christina/Cody/Lij
2. Abbott Kinney Festival with Riley and Pongo
3. Finding Jason, Caroline, Lijen, Bryan and Natasha at the worst concert
4. Rocking out to Chvrches with Steven
5. Watching Once @ the Pantages with Em
6. Chilling @ the Barker Block rooftop pool
7. Hiking in the Pallsades with James and Steph
8. Beers and more beers with Jas
9. An enchanting outdoor birthday dinner for Lij
10. Numerous Sugarfish visits – love that warm rice…
11. Celebrating Cho + Mira’s special day
12. Black Sesame mochi ice cream – enough said
I can’t say I am a big soccer fan but I’m glad I got to experience the World Cup there. My first time to South America was not only one to remember, but one that made me appreciate the beauty of the game – specifically how it brings people together. Here are some of my favorite moments captured on the trip to Rio and Salvador.
Love this video that looks back from our Land Rover Destroyer as we drive through some backroads of Iceland in the middle of the night. The sound and scenery brings me back to our hunt for an elusive waterfall.
Say hello to Ghost, my new 2012 WRX.
With this purchase, I no longer have to deal with the following:
1. Getting dropped off by my parents at the movies, dinner, etc.
2. Borrow my dad’s chick magnet car, a 1993 Mazda MPV
3. Wait in the Hertz line to pick up a fire-engine red Chevy Aveo
The last time I bought a car was back in 2006 when I replaced the Blue Stallion with the Red Baron. It has been a while. As a random side note, I realize how random some of my previous car posts might have been…
Yes, I went back to Europe. Although it was mainly for a wedding, I decided to extend it a little longer and see some other countries. Here are some photos from Austria => Ibiza => Prague => London.
Austria – Vienna & Salzburg
[Oddly no photos on my cam…]
London – Congratulations to Sudeep & Priya!
Although I showed up a tad bit late to the party, I still had an amazing time in the British Virgin Islands. Great crew, lots of sun, and a wonderful way to spend some quality time with Sloanies that I have come so close with. The past 2 years have been life-changing and unforgettable.
See the rest of the pictures here.
Costa Concordia Crew
A few years ago, we decided to take a big Europe trip when we all turned 30. I turned 30 at the end of 2011. An amazing trip that I will always remember. Here are some highlights:
– Enjoying the nightlife/morninglife (runtur)
– Renting a Land Rover and driving around the countryside from 6PM – 6AM
Germany (Munich & Berlin)
– 235 km/hr on the autobahn in a Porsche 911
– Relaxing in the beer garden at the Clarchens Ballhaus with new friends
– Walking along the East Side Gallery
– Riding around town on our bikes
– Van Gogh Museum
– BBQ and relaxing in the park