Kyoto was our first stop after Tokyo. We were only there for a few days but it was plenty of time to hit up some shrines and temples around the city. Whether it was towering arches, peaceful rock gardens, bright gold paneling, or a massive bamboo forest… each site was unique. More photos are posted here.
Here are a few things we learned in Kyoto:
- The Shinkansen (bullet train) is seriously fast
- Fresh mochi is really really good
- You tend to spend a lot of Yen when making wishes at different shrines
- Even if you lose your bus map, you can still find your way around Kyoto
- McDonalds in Japan serves Shake Shake chicken which is not only delicious, but fun to eat
I Like Gold
37 of 50
P.S. For those that have been following my “weekly” photo posting, you might have noticed that I didn’t quite make it. Today is the last day of the year and well… I clearly didn’t fulfill my “weekly” goal. Regardless, I am going to cheat and continue posting into 2010 until I get 50. Happy New Year!